Remote Data Management and Application Support Service
Our Remote Data Management and Application Support Service delivers day-to-day help and support to a number of international E&P companies, operating in countries across the globe. It provides a cost effective, flexible and scalable solution to the complexities of managing technical data and applications.
Our service team is based in Ventures offices near Heathrow, and as required, makes on-site visits to clients.
The service encompasses all areas of sub-surface data management and application support and includes a wide range of applications spanning geology, geophysics, well engineering, reservoir engineering, production and petrophysics.
For each client, the service team manages on-going service processes such as database administration, data loading, archive management, licence management, software upgrades etc. as well as the resolution of day-to-day issues working with individual users or client business teams.
In addition, the team also advises each client on data management process improvement, application and data management workflows, technical innovations etc.
To ensure that the business needs of each individual client are met and that the way in which the service is delivered fully meets expectations, a number of processes have been put in place. These include:
- Service Management. Each client has its own service team managed by its own team leader. The team leader is accountable for the performance of the service and for ensuring that team members have the appropriate skills and understanding of the clients needs and business environment
- Engagement management. Venture's engagement management process is used to ensure that the service for each client is managed effectively; that the client's needs are met and the quality of the work is maintained to a high level. For each service SLA's and KPI's have been put in place; these are reported on a monthly basis
- Helpdesk Monitor. Venture Helpdesk Monitor captures and measures in-depth data on all incidents/tickets raised by users. This allows the team to for example, analyse trends and to propose way-forward options to the client.
Outcome / benefits
The service has benefited our clients by:
- Enhancing the quality of, and ease of access to their data assets by leveraging Venture's extensive E&P data management and technical applications knowledge and experience
- Delivering a flexible and scalable solution to the management of in-country operations
- Removing both management time and cost overhead in the recruitment and management of data management and application support staff
- Removing cost overhead in the provision of office space.