Client’s Business Challenge
Our client has recently acquired new assets which have been partially integrated into the exisiting data sets. However the scope, scale and quality of the data set is hindering the transfer of the new data sets into a newly revised IM Structure. Locating information needed for key geoscience processes is not efficient or effective, and often leads to frustration and inefficiency.
Clients Business Goal
To create a user-focused, simple, intuitive Information Management experience, fostering greater user engagement and adoption.
Our client expects to be extracting maximum value from information investment. To do so requires the scale, scope, relevance and content to be clearly understood and easily accessible in line with business process.
Venture is working with our client to deliver Information Discovery and Assessment, which will provide clarity adn understanding to a significant unstructured data set inheritied through recent acquisition. Venture is employing machine learning and other data science techniques to expedite and improve upon the traditionally manual, time-consuming and costly process of identifying and classifying informaiton.
Venture utilises a set of processes to analyse unstructured content repositories, initially providing scanning and content indexing services (including OCR of images). Interrogation and analysis of the index data is followed by enhancement using data science techniques to produce an enriched data set.
Venture’s solution provides recommendations for data cleansing, deduplication and restructuring in line with our customer’s proposed taxonomy. It creates the platform for migration services and recommendations for an enhanced IM environment tailored to realise the value of a carefully managed data asset.
Creating insight into the composition of the unstructured information repository, recognising the immediate potential for rationalisation and enhancement, and providing recommendations for further improvement, not only the quality of the information, but also the manner in which is it managed.
- Provides a clear understanding of the information set, and its quality, appropriate remedial actions can be effectively planned
- Provides an enriched index of the information sets, improved findability, searching and integration can be facilitated
- Supports the development of a high-performing, integrated information environment, bringing systems, data and people together to increase efficiency, reduce risk and support competitive advantage
- Supports the broader roadmap of activities required to implement cultural and technical change across the business
- Supports development of consistent architectural principles and governance, ensuring high quality IM